Video Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I have a number of OCS standard edition servers and 1 Access Edge server hosting the A/V edge/ Web Conferencing/ Access Edge all co-hosted on 1 server.

Everything appears to be working fine except when I add my edge server at the forest level of my OCS environment. After this I select the A/V Edge server on the A/V authentication properties tab of my internal OCS server. After this change internal audio/video doesn't work properly? When I right click on a contact within the COmmunicator client and select Start Video Call, the user on the receiving end  can't accept the video call. The answer video call button is greyed out, so it just rings out. However live meeting a/v sessions with external parties through the edge server work fine. If I remove the edge server from the list of A/V authenication servers listed then internal video works properly again.

The problem is really weird, there's nothing in the Event Logs, validation wizard runs through successfully.

Any ideas guys?? I have also changed the default A/V authentication port but it makes no difference...

Why is it a simple selection of an a/v authentication server can cause internal audio/video calls to break?

Thanks

Monday, March 17, 2008 11:24 AM

All replies

• You should use the configure pool wizard to add EDGE Servers to the environment

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:04 PM