none
HelpUsing fora RRS feed

• Question

• There was a time when I was a happy user of the MS private newsgroups using a NNTP reader, I could post questions and get a prompt response from Microsoft professionals - I was a happy chappy!

But the world has moved on and I am now completely confused. We are a partner and a technet plus subscriber. There appears to be two sets of forums, one at social.microsoft.com (this one) and one at social.technet.microsoft.com. I have also installed the NNTP bridge and appear to see yet another forum. Indeed I have tried posting to one of the newsgroups (technet.en-us.windowsserver2008r2general)only to be told that the forum does not allow posting.

I recently posted a question in  social.technet.microsoft.com expecting a prompt reply from a microsoft professional, but there has been no reply. I had previously posted to social.technet.microsoft.com and had replies, but despite setting the notify by email option have never had a reply.

Am I using the wrong forum?

Can someone point me to a document that clearly explains all of this please.

I will also post to the other forum as well.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:34 AM

Answers

All replies