crystal report viewer with SQLEXPRESS RRS feed

• Question

• hello,
    Im using crystalreport viewer in which i have designed one report. there are certain places in the report where i have to fill values from DB(SQLEXPRESS) from a table. can anyone help me how this can be done.
    I have placed the crystal reportviewer control on my VB.NET form and ive designed the report. 
    Im stuck on the DB part.
    rgds
    hari vaag

HV
    • Edited by Hari Vaag Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:44 PM missed out
    • Moved by Mike Feng Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:19 PM crystal report (From:Visual Basic General)
    Friday, January 20, 2012 11:08 AM

All replies

• hello,
    Im using crystalreport viewer in which i have designed one report. there are certain places in the report where i have to fill values from DB(SQLEXPRESS) from a table. can anyone help me how this can be done.
    I have placed the crystal reportviewer control on my VB.NET form and ive designed the report. 
    Im stuck on the DB part.
    rgds
    hari vaag

HV

hey i forgot to mention, the the values in the report which have to filled is based on the selection the user makes from the combobox and then i have to search in the DB for that particular record and then print a few values on the report

thanks & regards

HV
    Friday, January 20, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Hari,

Be aware that the use and deployment of Crystal Report Viewer is not licensed together with VB Express

If you not have in another way a licence try to use the Visual Basic Powertools

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb735936

Success
    Cor

Friday, January 20, 2012 11:16 AM
  • You might want to post to the .NET SAP Crystal Reports forum as well:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=313&start=0

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    • Proposed as answer by Mike Feng Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:18 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2012 3:01 PM
  • thanks,

i have a written text in which i have to put a few values from the DB. that is the reason why im using crystal reports viewer, as i also have to give a print option for the same, else i would have designed it in the form itself

rgds

hari vaag

HV
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:46 PM
  • hello,
    Im stuck on the DB part.
    rgds
    hari vaag

HV
    http://vb.net-informations.com/crystal-report/crystal_report_from_sql_query_string.htm m trying to generate report out of this link, but cannot get it. kindly help on this please
    HV
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:45 PM
  • You really should try one of the other forums suggested by the other people.

But please be aware that you have not clearly explained your problem. You say that you have created the creytal report. You say that you have set up your DB and <I think> you are saying that you know how to select the data from the DB into a datatable. You also have pointed us to a link that shows exactly how to crate a new instance of a CR and set its datasource (see the line of code that says: objRpt.SetDataSource(ds.Tables(1)) ).

So what part of this process are you having a problem with. Can you show the code you currently have and tell us where it is not working? Is this a design time error (blue squigglies in the editor) or is this a runtime error where your app is getting an exception? If its at runtime what is the exception message you are getting?

By providing this sort of information people will be able to effectively help you -- whether you choose to post it here or in one of the suggested forums.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:02 AM
  • thanks freind,

Ive managed to sort this....  :-)

rgds

hari vaag

HV
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:57 PM