none
Windows failed to start. Status: 0xc0000001

Question

• Hi,

I have a laptop Asus F3F running on Windows Vista Home. Suddenly after abnormally rebooting, i got the black screen saying:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problems:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
    3. Click Repair your computer.

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Here are the steps that i have tried.

1. boot from the cd/dvd, boot device priority was cd/dvd (still the same error appeared)
    2. check the bios and RAM (bios was uptodate, RAM was ok)
    3. removed the hdd and boot from cd/dvd (still the same error appeared)
    4. optical drive was detected in the bios: DVD/RW multi recorder (ATAPI CDROM - MATSUSHITA-RAM UJ-850S
    5. Used two different bootable discs: Manufacturer's recovery DVD for Vista and Microsoft 7 bootable DVD. After the windows loading file completed 100%, still the same error appeared. Both were working when booted from another machine (laptop).
    6. RAM had been upgraded last year from 512MB to 2GB. That was the most recent hardware change on the laptop.

I hope you guyz can help us out with this problem. I dont why even without the hdd, the error was still there. Plus when I tried booting from the media in my other machines, the media was working fine.

Information System Auditor
    • Moved by Don TanMicrosoft employee, Administrator Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:00 PM This is an off topic thread from "Forums Ony" bug reporting Forum. Moving to Off Topic Forum (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for reporting bugs and issues only to the Forums software/application.

Please go to the following Forum to find out where to post your question.

Where is the Forum For…?
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads

Thank you.

Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:00 PM
  •     I got the same issue SOMEONE HELP PLZ !!!what iv done is try to upgrate 

to windows vista on an HP after deleting everythyng using heriens boot cd because

the computer was extremely slow and when i tried to install vista got the black screen saying:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problems:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
    3. Click Repair your computer.

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:41 PM