Specify a default view *for myself*, without affecting other users RRS feed

• Question

• Frequently I go to Leads and immediately change the view to 'My Open Leads' (instead of the default 'Open Leads').

Is it possible to have 'My Open Leads' be the default view for me, but not change the default view for other CRM users?

Thanks,
    Steve

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Steve.

This is impossible without additional development. Check this article - http://a33ik.blogspot.com/2009/06/personal-default-views-manager-for.html

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:40 PM
  • Thank you Andiry. I'll need to review the code on your page another day when I have more stamina (I'm not at all a coder, but I think I'll be able to at least understand what your code is doing).

In any case thanks for your quick reply and the effort you took to work out and post that solution.

-- Steve

Thursday, August 5, 2010 8:56 PM
  • Hi Steve, Microsoft has strongly hinted in the 'Statement of Direction' whitepapers that CRM 2011 (released later this year) will include better personalisation options, including the ability for each user to specify their own default view for each grid screen. Perhaps you should nudge your IT guys into thinking about an upgrade when CRM 2011 is released.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Friday, August 6, 2010 8:29 AM