Starting the client after soft reset RRS feed

• Question

• Does the mesh client need to be started manually after every soft reset, or should it be starting automatically?  I have noticed synchronization does not occur until I manually launch Live Mesh.  Would you consider having it launch automatically in the background, the same way the email service and ActiveSync do?
    Friday, October 31, 2008 5:32 AM

Answers

• Hi aatreya,

We need to start the mesh mobile client manually after a soft reset and synchronization occurs only after that
    • Proposed as answer by Archis Gore Friday, October 31, 2008 5:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Archis Gore Friday, October 31, 2008 5:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Friday, October 31, 2008 8:26 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2008 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi aatreya,

We need to start the mesh mobile client manually after a soft reset and synchronization occurs only after that
    • Unproposed as answer by Archis Gore Friday, October 31, 2008 5:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Friday, October 31, 2008 8:26 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2008 6:45 AM
  • Will Mobile Live Mesh start automatically in future releases or will it need to be manually started (by-design) forever?
    Monday, February 9, 2009 3:16 AM
  • I don't know the answer for this, but will chime in that it would be nice if it would start automatically and sync on a schedule. Currently, it needs to be started to sync and closing the app will end the sync.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 9, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Another vote that it should start automatically, or at least, it should be a configuration option.  Right now, I do this by putting a shortcut in my Startup folder, but the only problem with that is the client remains full screen and TF3D on my Touch Pro won't launch until I minimize the Live Mesh client (???).

Seems strange to me that software that is supposed to keep your device sync'd has to be manually invoked to work!  Why can't it work like the mail client does?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:04 PM