none
How to avoid flickering issue when resizing the Custom Form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created the custom Form by inheriting the Standard Form. In my custom form, I have drawn the Form border by using the SetWindowRgn of the NativeMethods. This method cause the flickering issue while resizing the Form. I have prepared the sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7FCA130657D0D73E!146&authkey=!AKDYYkS7qIsrgCw&ithint=file%2czip

Replication steps:

1) Run the sample.

2) Resize the Form from in below ways,

1. Left To Right and Right To Left – Flickering Occurs on Right Side
    2. Top To Bottom AND Bottom To Left – Flickering Occurs On Bottom Side

Regards,

Mallika

Monday, December 4, 2017 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Mallika,

I downloaded the project and noticed that you used the 3rd Form from Syncfusion, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Syncfusion Forum.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Regards,

Stanly

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi All,

I have created the custom Form by inheriting the Standard Form. In my custom form, I have drawn the Form border by using the SetWindowRgn of the NativeMethods. This method cause the flickering issue while resizing the Form. I have prepared the sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7FCA130657D0D73E!146&authkey=!AKDYYkS7qIsrgCw&ithint=file%2czip

Replication steps:

1.  Run the sample.

2. Resize the Form from in below ways,

1. Left To Right and Right To Left – Flickering Occurs on Right Side
    2. Top To Bottom and Bottom To Top – Flickering Occurs On Bottom Side

Regards,

Mallika

• Edited by Mallika Kannan Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:24 AM
    • Merged by Stanly Fan Thursday, December 7, 2017 2:06 AM The same thread
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:17 AM