Regarding CRM 2013 Visual Ribbon Editor and Visual Ribbon Work Bench RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I want some info regarding visual ribbon editor and ribbon workbench for crm 2013?

Did the crm 2013 visual ribbon editor was released or not?

and is the need to import the workbench  solution  into   te our organization  for starting the ribibon customizations in crm 2013

can you guide me ??

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no specific version of the Visual Editor for CRM2013, although I've heard that it works with CRM2013 although I've not tried it. An advantage of using the Ribbon Workbench for CRM2013 is that it shows you both the command bar view and the ribbon view where the visual ribbon editor only shows you the ribbon view.

The Ribbon Workbench for CRM2013 is a managed solution that is imported into your organization via the solutions area. Normally you would do this in a development environment, perform your customisations and then export your own solution from development into your pre-prod/test/prod environments.

You can read more about installing the Ribbon Workbench here - http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/71374-1-getting-started-with-the-ribbon-workbench

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:00 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

There is no specific version of the Visual Editor for CRM2013, although I've heard that it works with CRM2013 although I've not tried it. An advantage of using the Ribbon Workbench for CRM2013 is that it shows you both the command bar view and the ribbon view where the visual ribbon editor only shows you the ribbon view.

The Ribbon Workbench for CRM2013 is a managed solution that is imported into your organization via the solutions area. Normally you would do this in a development environment, perform your customisations and then export your own solution from development into your pre-prod/test/prod environments.

You can read more about installing the Ribbon Workbench here - http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/71374-1-getting-started-with-the-ribbon-workbench

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:00 PM
    Answerer
  • hi,

can u tell me the process for implementation of plugins in crm 2013?

same as like crm 2011 or is there any varation in developing plugins in crm 2013?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:26 PM
  • Implementing Plugins in CRM2013 is essentially the same as CRM2011 - download the SDK to get the CRM2013 Developer Toolkit for VS

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40321

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:34 PM
    Answerer