Suggestion: Button to tell original poster they need to clarify RRS feed

• General discussion

• There are a number of times in the forum I help manage that users post unintelligible (or at least unclear) questions. I can easily spot when someone hasn't posted enough info. And sometimes I'm tempted to post back asking them for more info. But I don't often do that because I sort of "claim" the thread as one that "I will answer" by doing that. I would prefer if there were an admin button up at the top letting an admin alert the user that they should clarify their question lest they don't get any replies. It's sort of like sending a note to the original poster without marking that thread as having received a reply.
    http://artisconsulting.com/Blog/GregGalloway
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:15 PM

All replies

• I like the idea, but wouldn't you need to provide different info depending on which forum your post is in?  When someone clicked this button, what info would be sent to the person that asked the question?

Would you want this button to be available to everyone, or just to forum moderators/MVP's?

If it sends an email to the user, then it sounds like something that could be abused just to annoy the person.  I think you'd have to get more than 1 user to click that button before it alerted the user that the question wasn't clear enough.

Note:  I'm not on the forums team.

Want to know if your current hardware & software will work with Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Windows 7 Compatibility Center**
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:32 AM
  • If 3 users clicked on this button, then it would be enough to send the alert to the user.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 12:47 AM