activate a new onecare RRS feed

• Question

•  

i tried to activate my new onecare cd program i just buy ,but it doesn't ask me for the product key ,it asked me for renew ,what to do

'

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:26 PM

Answers

• Were you previously a One Care subscriber? If so you can use the product to renew your current or expired One Care subscription or you can create a new Live ID if you would like to create a new One Care account. 

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies

• Were you previously a One Care subscriber? If so you can use the product to renew your current or expired One Care subscription or you can create a new Live ID if you would like to create a new One Care account. 

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:14 PM
  • Does that mean that if I buy a new disc to renew my Live One Care, instead of renewing on line, that I have to create a new identity?  There's got be a better way!

Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:06 AM
  • No, not at all. I was addressing the original poster's question of why he might not be seeing a "Subscribe"  option but a "Renew" option.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:57 AM
  •  

no 800 numbers. This one care do they really care.  Refund.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:23 AM
  • It is not very difficult for a subscriber to reach telephone support. See this post for help - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:20 AM
  • I sent an email off to the tech support guys and they were awesome.  Responded to me by morning & got it running.  In case you get this quiz again, I've copied their instructions below.  Worked great for me.

To renew it by the disc, let us refer to the following steps:

Renew OneCare

============

1. Open the link: http://billing.microsoft.com/.

2. Sign in with your Windows Live ID (usually that'll be your hotmail account)

3. Click Windows Live OneCare under Service name and then click Renew this service under End date.

4. Click the word in blue "here" in the sentence "If you have a prepaid card, click here to enter the PIN. Otherwise, click Next."

5. Make sure the option "25 characters" is selected, type in the 25-digit Product Key code as found on the sticker attached to your Windows Live OneCare CD kit for your prepaid account and then click Next.

How about the result? If any error message appears during renewal, please capture a screenshot for further troubleshooting.

Thanx to you & all, and yes, they really do care!!!

Regards

Don

Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:45 PM
  • That's very good news, Don. Glad that support responded quickly and were able to get you the help you needed.

-steve

Friday, September 5, 2008 12:11 PM