MSCRM 2011 : Populating Lookup and date field values from Account to Conatct entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Requirement is

In Account entity

I have 2 fields

1. Customer Name (type Lookup) and

2. Date (type Date Only) field

Left navigation of Account entity I had a Contact entity which is having relationship with Account Entity as Many to One (Contact: Account).

In Contact entity I do have a same fields Customer Name and Date fields with the same data type as Account Entity

When I’m trying to open an existing record of contact entity I need to auto populate the Customer Name and Date fields values from Account Entity values.

Please let me know how I will resolve this by using the Jscript.

Thanks

Thanks, Toushu

• Edited by Rahul-22 Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:51 PM

All replies

• The easiest way would be map these two field from account to contact like following example:-

http://www.pardot.com/faqs/ms-dynamics/mapping-your-mscrm-lead-fields-to-contact-fields/

Mapping will only work when you create a contact record therefore you will use the ondemand workflow to update all existing records. If you have too many existing records than you might have to use any methos to update all of them.

Instead of mapping you can also use workflow but they will be a little bit slow.

Regards Faisal

• Proposed as answer by Faisal Fiaz Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Faisal,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Thanks,

Thanks, Toushu

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:29 AM