none
Can you contact another TechNet user? RRS feed

• Question

• I got a 1 star rating on one of my Gallery submissions, and I wanted to ask the rater why they gave it a low score - maybe there is something wrong and I can fix it, or maybe they clicked 1 by mistake. This led me to the bigger question of if you can reach out to your fellow TechNet users, maybe to send them a direct communication on something.

If anyone knows of a way (other than searching for their name on the web), I would appreciate it as it bugs me that I got a very low rating on something I worked hard on, without any explanation or chance to help the user.

Thanks.

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Monday, October 8, 2012 1:23 PM forums suggestion (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:48 PM

All replies

• The gallery, forums, and profile are all built off the same identity system, so I'm going to move this to the forums questions forums where they should be able to address this. I don't think this capability exists at the time.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, October 8, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Probably, it would help some of the guys here, posting the link to your gallery submission, you got the one star rating on. Then we also know which one it actually is and you maybe have a chance to get a better rating by other users, then it doesn't really matter anymore about one low star rating.

Also I think, this doesn't really belong here because it isn't really a feedback or suggestion to the forums.

Anyways, another thing, that could have happened to your gallery submission: Somebody just looked a little bit around in the gallery, picked some random submissions and rated them randomly (for whatever reason). But I don't think, that's the reason, it's just an idea, that could have happened.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, mark it as "Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the mainquestion of the thread, mark it as "Answer" (if you opened the thread).

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Originally I did not want to repost my Gallery submision as I wasn't looking to artificially increase my score or get attention, but here you go: http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Repair-CorruptedTampered-c8d2e975

A question on how to do something is a form of feedback. However if you want it changed into a statement/suggestion - "Please provide a way to communicate directly with another TechNet user, either through the forums or some other means, so we can follow up with each other on various things/questions/comments".

Regarding my Gallery submission, it was actually you who marked the rating with a single star. I am hoping it was just a mistake, or if it was a single star rating in your opinion that would also leave a comment, but that's what I wanted to find out/communicate with you about.

Monday, October 15, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Quote:

"Since this script is blowing away registry entries and files, I STRONGLY suggest you try this on one scheduled task at a time until you are comfortable with it. In other words use at your own risk."

That's what I haven't seen because I haven't read through your whole description. Propably you should add something like "important" in front of it. Just made me mad at that moment, causing to give a one star.

I normally don't start up a question for such stuff.

Anyways, as you said it took you a long time for the script, I'll give it a better rating.

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the mainquestion of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:38 AM
  • @Livio -

I suggest that if something caused you to be "mad" at the post, that you leave that feedback to the author letting them know why. Otherwise they, like myself, are left wondering why you didn't like it or if you simply clicked the 1 star by mistake.

@TechNet Forums -

I still request a way to reach out to another TechNet user for cases such as this.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Well, sorry for that.

And I totally agree with you about contacting other users.

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the mainquestion of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:51 AM
  • @Ed Price - While Livio's response addressed my original concern that sparked the question "Can you contact another TechNet user?", it did not answer that question in the positive or negative.

I think it's going to take someone who runs the forums to answer this one definitively. And if the answer is no, then I would like to know how to go about making a feature request so we can follow up with each other outside of direct post responses. I.E. If someone gives you a rating or does something else that isn't a post, how do you contact them to discuss it?

Saturday, November 3, 2012 2:05 PM