Configure CRM On-premise (hosted) to send outgoing email via SMTP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a client that is running CRM 2013 in a hosted environment (Saas).

The hosting partner has provisioned an SMTP service for us to process outbound emails for processes within CRM.

The objective is to use server-side sync for outbound mail for this purposes, and all outbound mails will come from a single user in CRM. As the SMTP service is configured to relay messages from a valid on-network IP address, no credentials are required. I can send through SMTP from the server successfully from a telnet session, so I know SMTP is working and accepting various combinations of source and destination addresses without issue.

I have configured the Email Server Profiles as:

Name: <client test>

Server Type: Other (POP3/SMTP) (grayed out)

Incoming Server Location: <server>/ (default)

Outgoing Server Location: (FQDN of smtp service)

Incoming Connection

Authenticate Using: Credentials Specified by a User or Queue (only option permitted for SMTP/POP3)

Use same settings for Outgoing: No

Authenticate Using: Without Credentials (Anonymous)

Outgoing Port: 25

Use SSL for Outgoing Connection: Yes (This cannot be changed)

Outgoing Authentication Protocol: Auto Detect (Cannot be changed)

I have configured the source mailbox as:

Allow to use credentials for Email Processing: No

Server Profile: SMTP profile I created

Incoming Mail: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook

Outgoing Mail: Server-Side Synchronization or Email Router

Appointments, contacts, and tasks: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook.

I then click "Test and Enable Mailbox" and I get a failure:

"An unexpected error occurred while sending the email message "Test Message". The mailbox <mailbox name> has been disabled for sending email and the owner of the associated email server profile <server profile> has been notified."

Two other "Information" alerts show up:

"Appointments, contacts, and tasks can't be synchronized for your mailbox <mailbox name>. Set the synchronization method for "Appointments, Contacts, and Tasks" to "Server-Side Synchronization" in your mailbox record and try again."

I don't understand why it's giving this message, as I'm telling the mailbox to use Outlook for this synchronization

"Your mailbox <mailbox name> can't receive email. In your mailbox record, set the synchronization method for incoming email to Server-Side Synchronization or Email Router, and try again."

Again, I've set the mailbox to use Outlook, so not sure why this error is coming up. However these two don't concern me unless they're also preventing the outbound portion from working.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I've tried every combination I can think of, but have had no success.

Thanks in advance!

Garrett

Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:08 PM

All replies

• http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/monitor-email-processing-errors.aspx

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:36 AM