Windows Server Solutions Dynamic DNS RRS feed

• Question

• So far I'm only able to log in to my home server using an IP address. I'm trying to setup a domain using Window Server Solutions Dynamic DNS but this is proving to be a challenge. I have already registered a domain: <name>.homeserver.com. But when I try to set up this domain with WHS using the "Domain name"setup within "Vail" Dashboard I get the following error: "The domain name was not set up for your server. Wait a few minutes and run the wizard again. An unexpected or unknown problem occurred. Please wait a few minutes, and then try again."

Seriously could the error diagnostic be any more vague?

I'd appreciate any help.

Monday, September 20, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

• So far I'm only able to log in to my home server using an IP address. I'm trying to setup a domain using Window Server Solutions Dynamic DNS but this is proving to be a challenge. I have already registered a domain: <name>.homeserver.com. But when I try to set up this domain with WHS using the "Domain name"setup within "Vail" Dashboard I get the following error: "The domain name was not set up for your server. Wait a few minutes and run the wizard again. An unexpected or unknown problem occurred. Please wait a few minutes, and then try again."

Seriously could the error diagnostic be any more vague?

I'd appreciate any help.

Which router do you have? If it's a Linksys, you may need to upgrade the firmware. I had the same problem you're having, but thanks to Barb Bowman's advice, after upgrading the firmware, it now works just fine.
    --
    Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 Beta Ferret

Nancy Ward
    Monday, September 20, 2010 2:46 PM