none
asking a question RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I ask a question here, it properly detects that I want this forum.  When I attempt to do so on the Windows Communication Foundation forum, it asks me where I want to post to and windows communication foundation is not listed there for me to select.  I can view this forum but I cannot seem to post to it.  I only have like 5 posts and nothing I have posted can be construed in any way as abuse, so I am wondering why my posting to that forum is no longer working, hence I am thinking it might be a bug.

Any ideas?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No warranties are expressed or implied with any code being posted/emailed.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• There's an awkward problem with "brands".  You can see a forum from all 5 brands, but you can only post to it when you've got the correct brand selected.  Make sure the URL you use starts with social.msdn.microsoft.com to select the MSDN brand.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Wizengamot Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:29 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:09 PM

All replies

• You may not have access to post to the Windows Communication Foundation forum for some reason.  It could be that the Forum is a Moderator Posting only forum.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:42 PM
  • Actually I have posted there in the past.  It has just recently gone this way for two of my user accounts.  One I have posted with before there, and one I have never posted under at all?  I see new posts by other users being added, yet I cannot seem to add any, and the other users are not forum moderators.

Also, I can edit my previous posts..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No warranties are expressed or implied with any code being posted/emailed.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:49 PM
  • There's an awkward problem with "brands".  You can see a forum from all 5 brands, but you can only post to it when you've got the correct brand selected.  Make sure the URL you use starts with social.msdn.microsoft.com to select the MSDN brand.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Wizengamot Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:29 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:09 PM
  • many thanks, I changed the URL and it works like a charm. 
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:31 PM