Runtime Error When Registering RRS feed

• Question

• I recently did a system restore on a machine and needed to re-install One-Care.  After I enter my One Care unsername and password, I get prompted to associate my installation with my current subscription.  After I select this option, I receive the following error.

A runtime error has occurred.  Do you wish to debug?  Line 3.  Error: Undetermined String Constant.

I have restarted multiple times and reinstalled the One Care.  No Luck.  When I originally signed up for one-care, my e-mail was different than it currently is.  Could this be an issue?

Thanks

Brian

Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:49 PM

Answers

• The run-time error would indicate a problem with your web browser or the site. However, when reinstalling OneCare and activating, you do need to use the same LiveID that you originally activated with.

If you are not using IE as your default web browser, set it as the default while you activate. Try deleting temporary Internet files and clearing cookies before signing in to activate.

If that still does not resolve the problem, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:57 PM