Windows Streets and Trips or Mappoint for Windows Compact Edition 7? RRS feed

• Question

• I just recieved a computer as part of my payment for work and it has Windows Compact Edition 7 (thanks work... Think I should have quit already...). I am trying to find a mapping program that is compatible but I am having issues. I had Microsoft Streets and Trips on an older laptop which I think had CE on it but I am not sure. Can anyone help me? I have a 32 gig mem card that inserts into the side for storage but I can't seem to find out if there is a way to get any to install on this computer at all or if I can just redo the operating system somehow and install it then. Thanks in advanced for any and all help.

Zecrus

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:56 PM

All replies

• I haven't worked with CE for a long time, so I am not up to date with the versions; but Streets&Trips/MapPoint are intended for "desktop" Windows - eg. Windows 7 on a PC or 'proper' laptop. At one time, they shipped with Pocket Streets which allowed you to view your MapPoint/S&T map on a CE device. Pocket Streets was available separately but it lacked routing functionality.

Note that Windows 8 RT is intended to run on ARM-based tablets. This is due for release within a month, and will probably displace regular CE devices quite quickly.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Monday, October 8, 2012 2:10 PM