none
Where is Web Deploy Client username list stored

Answers

• Hi KevonH,

Thanks for your friendly response:)

It makes me understand this issue much better. I agree with you, it is related to the VS IDE, but the real issue would be related to web deployment.

Actually this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Based on your latest description, to real analyze where the names are saved when you publish web site, I feel that we would discuss this issue with the web deployment members, I discuss this issue with other Asp.NET members, and the suggestion for this issue is that you could post this issue to the IIS forum.

This forum would be better for web deployment:

http://forums.iis.net/1144.aspx/1?Web+Deployment+Tool+MS+Deploy+

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi KevonH,

It seems that it is not correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

I doubt that some value are saved in registry, to find the value in registry, maybe certain tool like Process monitor would be helpful for you.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

http://www.howtogeek.com/school/sysinternals-pro/lesson5/all/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Um, sorry, but this IS part of the Visual Studio IDE.  I take it you've never published a website from inside Visual Studio?  Try it like this:

After that, this window comes up:

The, finally, the one which I included in my first post.

So, how again is this not part of the Visual Studio IDE??

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:48 PM
  • Hi KevonH,

Thanks for your friendly response:)

It makes me understand this issue much better. I agree with you, it is related to the VS IDE, but the real issue would be related to web deployment.

Actually this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Based on your latest description, to real analyze where the names are saved when you publish web site, I feel that we would discuss this issue with the web deployment members, I discuss this issue with other Asp.NET members, and the suggestion for this issue is that you could post this issue to the IIS forum.

This forum would be better for web deployment:

http://forums.iis.net/1144.aspx/1?Web+Deployment+Tool+MS+Deploy+

Sincerely,

Jack

Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:27 AM