none
Lack of response from questions asked... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've asked 11 questions since I joined the Community Forums at the end of last year.

Five of my questions were marked as answered, but in my opinion one was not answered as the bug was acknowledged but not resolved.

In the past week I've posted two more questions as yet unanswered, however this means my success rate measured by answers provided to questions posted before this week, is less than half.

Am I doing anything wrong in the questions I post?  Is there a preferred way of posting questions in order to manifest more answers.  What do I need to do to get more answers to questions I post?

Regards,

Stuart

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:33 PM

Answers

• There is nothing wrong with the questions, just keep in mind, that sometimes people cannot answer them, if they are really hard or take a lot of time to properly answer. :)

Do not give up and keep asking!

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:30 PM
  • Five of my questions were marked as answered, but in my opinion one was not answered as the bug was acknowledged but not resolved.

Stuart

If you posted the original question you have the power and right to unmark the answer.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:52 PM
  • I can say it's hit or miss sometimes, depending on the question but this is really the best public forum, a lot of smart folks around here that use the products. Yes, sometimes people come in, read a later reply and respond to that and sometimes even mark it as answered but for a free, public forum it's hard to beat! Just keep plugging away, refine your question if you don't seem to be getting any answers or ask outright if no one understands ;-)

Jack

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 11:25 PM
  • It depends on the questions and the complexity of them. Say, in SQL Server forums you may find top notch experts and most likely your questions will be answered.

I'm not frequent other forums so can not say about them, but it's not unusual to have very hard questions unanswered. You may also try your luck in other forums such as stackoverflow. I normally can find answers to most of my Web development questions just by googling and in a few cases I had to ask a question I often got a good response there.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, December 24, 2015 8:08 PM

All replies

• There is nothing wrong with the questions, just keep in mind, that sometimes people cannot answer them, if they are really hard or take a lot of time to properly answer. :)

Do not give up and keep asking!

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:30 PM
  • Five of my questions were marked as answered, but in my opinion one was not answered as the bug was acknowledged but not resolved.

Stuart

If you posted the original question you have the power and right to unmark the answer.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:52 PM
  • I can say it's hit or miss sometimes, depending on the question but this is really the best public forum, a lot of smart folks around here that use the products. Yes, sometimes people come in, read a later reply and respond to that and sometimes even mark it as answered but for a free, public forum it's hard to beat! Just keep plugging away, refine your question if you don't seem to be getting any answers or ask outright if no one understands ;-)

Jack

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 11:25 PM
  • It depends on the questions and the complexity of them. Say, in SQL Server forums you may find top notch experts and most likely your questions will be answered.

I'm not frequent other forums so can not say about them, but it's not unusual to have very hard questions unanswered. You may also try your luck in other forums such as stackoverflow. I normally can find answers to most of my Web development questions just by googling and in a few cases I had to ask a question I often got a good response there.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, December 24, 2015 8:08 PM