70-642 TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring RRS feed

• Question

• Managed to fail the first try, luckily there is a second shot included. I went on a course for 5 days and have the prep book aswell as the course material. The thing I noticed was that there are many areas/questions wich are not included in my materials so I was wondering about taking a measureup practice test for R2. It seems the course and materials does not include R2 at all. Are there any other things I should consider?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try looking at the skills measured in the exam and then research the topics in Technet and Google.  I've not done this exam however this method seems to work quite well for developer and SQL Server exams.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-642&locale=en-us#tab2

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:34 AM
  • I have now failed this twice off the suggested materials.  You will need to do a lot of digging about R2.  I am looking at practice tests now that take R2 into account.  It is a damn shame that they update the questions for R2 but not the recommended training materials. 

might take a look at this link though:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42947-70-642-resources.html#post453595

Levi -Insanity is forever, sometimes, maybe...
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:33 PM
  • Sorry to hear that you failed and I agree with your comment about study material.

The content on the link you provided looks pretty good.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:47 PM