CRM 2011 IFD - ADFS 2 on SBS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to get IFD setup for CRM 2011 on my SBS 2008 server.  I've only gotten to installing and configuring ADFS 2.  I am getting confused about DNS and ports and website conflicts.  I am no pro in this area.  My question is whether there are conflicts having ADFS 2 on a SBS?  Once installed I am no longer able to start my default website.  When I try I get "This Web Site cannot be started.  Another Web Site may be using the same port."  The default website has the following bindings:

http, port 80

net.tcp, binding information: 808*

net.pipe, binding information: *

net.msmq, binding information: localhost

https, port 443

Liz
    Friday, March 18, 2011 5:19 PM

Answers

• I finally have IFD up and running.  Turns out there were other issues that needed to be resolved.  I reinstalled adfs on the Default Web Site.  I thought I didn't have to add those entries in my hosts file because I have a wildcard external DNS entry.  But I was wrong about that.  So I added the required entries to my hosts file.  That got it working on my server.  Then I just had to add a Windows firewall rule to allow traffic on port 444 through.  Now that I had it all up and running properly I tried moving adfs from the Default Web Site to the SBS Web Applications website.  I removed the 443 binding from the Default Site and made sure it was setup properly on SBS Web Applications.  And everything is running and there are no port conflicts.  Yay!
    Liz
    • Marked as answer by Lizlee00 Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:25 PM

All replies

• The reason the default website could not be started is because it had the 443 bindings and so did the SBS Web Applications web site. So I tried moving the adfs application in IIS under the SBS Web Applications website instead of the Default Web Site. That way there is no conflict with 443 and the certificate. I made sure to copy all of the other bindings over as well. I can browse to the federationmetadata URL. However, the CRM url isn't working. I'm not sure why.
    Liz
    Friday, March 18, 2011 8:29 PM
  • I just ran through all the steps in the video to verify all of my entries, still no joy.  Like I said, adfs seems like its working.  No errors in the event log, I can navigate to the sts1 federationmetadata url.  Early in the video he says you should be able to navigate to: https://server:444.  I do that, click Continue on the cert warning and then get: 

Error 

sts1.teamenders.com 

There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.

If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem.

Reference number: 9cc86e3a-b64e-4c41-9d22-22ef9e55bb91 

I'm not sure how to use that reference number, does not show up in the AD FS 2.0 Admin event log. Has anyone been able to get IFD working on an SBS server that is running SBS Web Applications with SSL?

Liz
    Friday, March 18, 2011 10:31 PM
  • Moving to deployment to see if we can get some attention.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:51 PM
  • I finally have IFD up and running.  Turns out there were other issues that needed to be resolved.  I reinstalled adfs on the Default Web Site.  I thought I didn't have to add those entries in my hosts file because I have a wildcard external DNS entry.  But I was wrong about that.  So I added the required entries to my hosts file.  That got it working on my server.  Then I just had to add a Windows firewall rule to allow traffic on port 444 through.  Now that I had it all up and running properly I tried moving adfs from the Default Web Site to the SBS Web Applications website.  I removed the 443 binding from the Default Site and made sure it was setup properly on SBS Web Applications.  And everything is running and there are no port conflicts.  Yay!
    Liz
    • Marked as answer by Lizlee00 Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:25 PM