Vista Re-install? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I recently got my laptop back from my brother-in-law, with missing recovery disks and bogged down. I would like to re-install Vista if atall possible (Which I wanted to do soon anyway) without all the bloatware that comes with new laptops. 

I read somewhere that you can use ANY Vista DVD and punch in the product key on the bottom and it will load the OS version associated with that serial number (in this case, Ultimate). Basically, the forums were saying that the Vista DVD's are all the same now and the serial number decides which version is installed. Is this true or do you need the actual OEM DVD? 

If it is true then I can just borrow a friends DVD and punch in my serial number, correct?

Anyway, I appreciate any and all help. Also, I apologise if this was posted in the wrong place...best I could find.

Oh, I have a Toshiba A215-S4767...
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:29 AM

Answers

•  

Hello Ronjoe1, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the Microsoft > Forums Home > Microsoft Genuine Advantage > Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista) located here:  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/threads/.

Have a great day!

Sudarshan Shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by sudarshans1 Monday, October 6, 2008 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by sudarshans1 Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:05 PM
    Monday, October 6, 2008 9:29 AM