none
coa slp window 7 issue RRS feed

• Question

•  my frend give me a coa key of window 7 ultimate can i use it ...i bu it for 300 dollars...he said to me that it is ok...

can anyone confirm..

Sunday, June 5, 2011 9:07 AM

Answers

• "jesthon13" wrote in message news:6a23e24a-072e-4eff-81c0-87723c6f1b7e...

my frend give me a coa key of window 7 ultimate can i use it ....i bu it for 300 dollars...he said to me that it is ok...

can anyone confirm..

No!
    Unless it came as a sealed pack with the Sticker, and the disk, and a paper copy of the license, etc, it's very definitely NOT genuine or legal. Even if it is a genuine full pack, it's not a valid installation unless installed by the manufacturer of the machine involved for sale to a customer.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 9:45 AM
  • For $300 you can buy a full license copy of Windows 7 Professional from the Microsoft Store and never have to worry about its genuiness.  A COA key is put on a computer case by the manufacturer as an emergency key for a preinstalled copy of Windows.  Preinstalled copies cannot be used on any other computer.  The only way to buy such a copy of Windows is to buy the whole computer.  Get your money back.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:20 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• "jesthon13" wrote in message news:6a23e24a-072e-4eff-81c0-87723c6f1b7e...

my frend give me a coa key of window 7 ultimate can i use it ....i bu it for 300 dollars...he said to me that it is ok...

can anyone confirm..

No!
    Unless it came as a sealed pack with the Sticker, and the disk, and a paper copy of the license, etc, it's very definitely NOT genuine or legal. Even if it is a genuine full pack, it's not a valid installation unless installed by the manufacturer of the machine involved for sale to a customer.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 9:45 AM
  • For $300 you can buy a full license copy of Windows 7 Professional from the Microsoft Store and never have to worry about its genuiness.  A COA key is put on a computer case by the manufacturer as an emergency key for a preinstalled copy of Windows.  Preinstalled copies cannot be used on any other computer.  The only way to buy such a copy of Windows is to buy the whole computer.  Get your money back.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:20 PM
    Answerer
  •  ok thanks for the information he gave me a disk and a sticker everything ..ok i must return it so that i can buy a full license window 7 retail ..
    Monday, June 6, 2011 12:45 PM