none
Creating a Twitter version in an API RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I am doing work experience right now and I've been given my second task (meant to essentially last me for the whole week of work experience, I got it on the first day). I am expected to make a twitter version using Microsoft Visual Studio, in C# using the form web api I think. Anyone got any good guides that can go through how to make this kind of stuff in depth?

I am required to:
    View tweets/followed users
    Make a tweet
    Log on

The visuals come second to the programming.
    Thanks!

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:21 PM

All replies

• Begin with the requirements. Determine from a user's point of view what the system does. The requirements should say nothing about how it is done (as a user would not). If there will be a database then design what the data is that needs to be saved. You can design what the UI (forms or whatever) looks like in terms that the users will understand. If management says it is a waste of time then that is poor management.

For the future, don't require us to see the title of your question to understand it. Your title says "Twitter version in an API" but the body of the question says nothing about that.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:40 PM
  • I'll keep the note about the question in mind, I've edited my own question now.

As for the requirements, I should be able to see Tweets/followers, Log in and post tweets.
    As far as the visual appearance, it needs to work, spending too much time on it (from what the instructions said) misses the point.

• Edited by SirPirate Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:24 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:22 PM
  • Hi SirPirate,

From your description, you want to make a twitter version using web API. Are you going to implement it in Web form using C#? If so, you should post your question in ASP.NET forum where you can get proper guides. The Visual C# forum mainly discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Regards,

Dolen

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:02 AM