Why is the value of the LastLocalModification column in my FullEnumerationSimpleSyncProvider metadata store always zero? RRS feed

All replies

• The LastLocalModification is a column the Sync framework code maintains and you won't able to set or read it.

The ItemFieldDictionary will only list your defined custom fields. In metadata store, you may find other columns for them. The in memory data you show above won't list the lastLocalModification column.

Have you updated the item locally?  Try to update the item locally and see whether it's still 0. Thanks.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:00 AM
    Answerer
  • I realise that the LastLocalModification is a column the Sync Framework code maintains and I'm not trying to set it directly, I'm just trying to make sure that my FullEnumerationSimpleSyncProvider supplies the Sync Framework with the values which are appropriate and then I would expect the Sync Framework to handle the actual setting, based on those values I provide indirectly.

I have tried updating the item locally but the value is still 0. I will do further testing in this area though and see if I can get it to change to anything other than 0.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:00 AM
  • Hello - I have tried to repro what you see using our sample, but have not been able to do so.

Have you looked at the sample here?: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=3592

Can you see if you can repro the issue with this sample?

Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:41 PM
  • I will try with that sample. I assume that as you were unable to reproduce the problem that you had values other than zero in the LastLocalModification column? Under which scenarios does this value get a non-zero value for you?
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:20 AM
  • Hello - were you able to make any progress with the sample?

Monday, November 15, 2010 11:46 PM