Need Help with Equipt subscription sign on RRS feed

• Question

• Help! I received the notice that Equipt is going away and I am eligible for a free replacement disk.  To register for the replacement, I have to sign in to my Equipt subscription.  However, I discovered that my user ID was not used when the subscription was set up.  The reason is that when I bought the Equipt software, it was from Circuit City and I had a Firedog tech person install it for me on both my laptop and desktop.  I discovered that when he did so, he set up the Windows Live ID subscription along with the Equipt subscription with this email address: cpq.cq50@live.com.  Since we weren't using Windows Live, I didn't realize what he had done with the Equipt subscription.   So now I'm trying to get my free replacement CD and it won't recognize my email.  I tried to get in touch w/Firedog at Circuit City to find out what to do; but, alas, they have gone out of business.  Please help me figure out how to change the registration so I will be able to access my subscription and get the proper support OR find out the password for the email address listed above so I can get into the registration information.  THANKS
    Friday, February 27, 2009 1:02 PM

Answers

• If the Circuit City tech followed procedures, you should have received a paper with the LiveID and password used for your Equipt subscription when they handed over the PC to you.

Pretty much the best that I can do is suggest that you contact Equipt support -  

http://www.microsoft.com/equipt/support/default.aspx

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Thank you Stephen.  I was able to find the paperwork in the Equipt box, where the Circuit City Tech had written the sign on and the password and then I was able to register for the refund and the free CD.  I appreciate your help.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:18 AM

All replies

• If the Circuit City tech followed procedures, you should have received a paper with the LiveID and password used for your Equipt subscription when they handed over the PC to you.

Pretty much the best that I can do is suggest that you contact Equipt support -  

http://www.microsoft.com/equipt/support/default.aspx

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Thank you Stephen.  I was able to find the paperwork in the Equipt box, where the Circuit City Tech had written the sign on and the password and then I was able to register for the refund and the free CD.  I appreciate your help.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:18 AM