none
I cannot reply to any thread RRS feed

• Question

• I can post new threads but I cannot reply.  I tried in C++ Standards, Extensions, and Interop and in this forum.  The editor is available but pressing [Submit] has no effect.  Please help.

Also, sometimes I have to refresh a loaded page because it is almost blank when it arrives for the first time.

Best,

Chris

Christopher Yeleighton

Friday, April 5, 2013 6:24 AM

Answers

• pressing [Submit] has no effect.

Using which browser?  If IE9 or IE10 you could use the Developer Tools, Network Capture to see if you were getting a negative response but without any indication of it.   Some time ago that was a problem with Voting being seen that way but that was about the same time that negative responses, e.g. 500 plus a message in a script were frequently received too and (FWIW) I have not seen those in a while.   However, Voting is something that I do infrequently so I wouldn't be so sure that that symptom was fixed at the same time.  Then maybe the original Submit problem was just changed enough that both scenarios now occur with the same symptom?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 5, 2013 5:26 PM
  • I just had a similar problem. Turned out a nasty bit of adware got installed on my machine and it was causing problems. Have you noticed any random links showing up in the forums linking to advertising? If you goto to Bitdefender.com does a coupon window open up on the right side of the screen? If so, check your Add/Remove programs control panel for any weird programs about coupons or browsing to save or stuff like that.

http://www.riaservicesblog.net | RIA Services and MVVM http://bit.ly/pgL97k

Monday, April 8, 2013 10:53 PM

All replies

• pressing [Submit] has no effect.

Using which browser?  If IE9 or IE10 you could use the Developer Tools, Network Capture to see if you were getting a negative response but without any indication of it.   Some time ago that was a problem with Voting being seen that way but that was about the same time that negative responses, e.g. 500 plus a message in a script were frequently received too and (FWIW) I have not seen those in a while.   However, Voting is something that I do infrequently so I wouldn't be so sure that that symptom was fixed at the same time.  Then maybe the original Submit problem was just changed enough that both scenarios now occur with the same symptom?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 5, 2013 5:26 PM
  • I just had a similar problem. Turned out a nasty bit of adware got installed on my machine and it was causing problems. Have you noticed any random links showing up in the forums linking to advertising? If you goto to Bitdefender.com does a coupon window open up on the right side of the screen? If so, check your Add/Remove programs control panel for any weird programs about coupons or browsing to save or stuff like that.

http://www.riaservicesblog.net | RIA Services and MVVM http://bit.ly/pgL97k

Monday, April 8, 2013 10:53 PM
  • My browser is IE9.  I do not get any coupon at Bitdefender.com.  The Reply function works only in script debug mode.  I get a perpetual wait or the [Submit] button does nothing in normal mode.  The network capture pane does not show anything alien.  The console shows the following message:

SCRIPT5007: Nie można uzyskać właściwości „focus”: obiekt jest pusty lub niezdefiniowany

Christopher Yeleighton

• Edited by yecril Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:15 AM more info
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:04 AM
  • You may try to get free version of Malware Bytes to scan your computer. Just make sure to not install the trial version (the default) as I did on the first screen - you need to select No. It may help to get rid of any malwares you have (if any).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:03 PM
  • The scan has found nothing suspicious, except for one file in a cache that was promptly intercepted and deleted by Comodo.  Replying still requires debugging.

Christopher Yeleighton

Monday, May 13, 2013 12:04 PM