Office 2010 online store says my Office 2007 product key is not a valid key RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using versions of MS Office since MS Office 2000.   Although I have removed most of the earlier versions, I still have some of the Office 2000 components installed and in use today.

About two years ago I bought OneNote 2007.

This year I downloaded the Office 2010 Home and Business Beta version.

After that, on June 11 2010, I bought an Office 2007 Small Business Edition upgrade from Amazon. It was a sealed box. Upon opening it, I installed and activated it for the first time on June 16, 2010.

Later, when I attempted to take the free online upgrade to MS Office 2010, I got the message that the request could not be completed because the product ID I had provided represented a product that was activated outside of the eligibility dates and was not eligible for the program.

I have attempted to pursue this by email, with several going back and forth.  Finallly, I was asked to send a copy of the proof of purchase of my Office 2007.

On August 11 2010 I emailed MS Office 2010 and attached a photo image of the receipt for the transaction when I bought the MS Office 2007 Small Business upgrade.

That email was acknowledged and I was asked to wait up to two weeks. 

Today, August 16 2010, I received an email today from MS Office 2010.  It gave me the product key that I had provided and advised me that the product key is not valid.

I have checked and double checked the product key on the Office 2007 case, and I have provided it correctly. Naturally, it is the one I used when I activated the software.

The last email advised me to seek technical support to make sure of the product key.

Because I cannot take this any further without technical help, I hope that you will be able to corroborate my information and to verify that my Office software is genuine.

At the present time, Programs and Features shows this software installed on my computer:

MS Front Page 2000

MS Image Composer

MS OneNote 2007

MS Office Small Business 2007

MS Accounting 2009

MS Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Beta)

MS Office Home and Business 2010 (Beta)

The list above is not exhaustive; there are also other components such as Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies etc.

The operating system is Vista Ultimate 32bit

Don't attempt to fix those things that are not broken.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 6:17 PM

Answers

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:56 PM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:05 PM

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:56 PM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:05 PM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:56 PM
  • I did as asked, but before I could post a response I had two emails that confirmed beyond doubt the product was activated before I bought it. 

I won't pursue this, because I've now obtained a replacement Office 2007 upgrade from the vendor.  It is guaranteed new and I have subsequently upgraded to Office 2010 with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks for you help which proved to not be required.

Don't attempt to fix those things that are not broken.
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:17 PM