What to look for a trainer? RRS feed

• Question

•   Some questions for you guys here.  I been working in IT for almost 10 years now.  The current role require me to be technically competent to handle migration projects (Windows 2008/Active Directory).

The good thing is i am encouraged to take up related courses which would be fully sponsored by my employer.  The challenging part for me i think is looking for the right trainer.

I was quoted with a trainer which has no working experience. But well equipped with technical certificates.  My question is how relevant are these trainers in regard to real production environment?

Or Microsoft trainer program which they do have attended, are enough to justify their capabilities ?  Mind that their students are the experienced IT personnel which may not be the best in what they do, but they do what they need to do.

This is just my thoughts.

Friday, August 22, 2014 6:24 AM

Answers

• I was quoted with a trainer which has no working experience. But well equipped with technical certificates.  My question is how relevant are these trainers in regard to real production environment?

The answer is you really don't know.  

Or Microsoft trainer program which they do have attended, are enough to justify their capabilities ?

Here is how to become a Microsoft Certified Trainer:-

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-gb/mct-certification.aspx

(I inspected the above link by using Google Chrome not Internet Explorer).

It seem reasonable to assume that if a person has been certified by Microsoft then they must be reasonably competent.

There's no easy answers to the questions you have posed.

Sometimes you might find that no matter how technically competent the person is they aren't a good teacher.

Think back to your school days and the teachers you did / didn't like and why.

Until you actually get taught by the trainer concerned you simply don't know what they are going to be like so you might like to get other people's opinions of whether a potential teacher would be suitable for your requirements or not.

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:47 PM

All replies

• I was quoted with a trainer which has no working experience. But well equipped with technical certificates.  My question is how relevant are these trainers in regard to real production environment?

The answer is you really don't know.  

Or Microsoft trainer program which they do have attended, are enough to justify their capabilities ?

Here is how to become a Microsoft Certified Trainer:-

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-gb/mct-certification.aspx

(I inspected the above link by using Google Chrome not Internet Explorer).

It seem reasonable to assume that if a person has been certified by Microsoft then they must be reasonably competent.

There's no easy answers to the questions you have posed.

Sometimes you might find that no matter how technically competent the person is they aren't a good teacher.

Think back to your school days and the teachers you did / didn't like and why.

Until you actually get taught by the trainer concerned you simply don't know what they are going to be like so you might like to get other people's opinions of whether a potential teacher would be suitable for your requirements or not.

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:47 PM
  • You can opt for virtual trainer. These trainer are good enough to help you understand the concepts and your queries. Even I got trained through this virtual training program, helps me to save my time. 

Source: http://www.koenig-solutions.com/microsoft-training-certification-courses.aspx

Monday, August 25, 2014 11:37 AM
  • Thank you.  Maybe you are right. Going to attend the class and see how it goes. 
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:51 AM