CRM 4.0 trial expires RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove a trial version of Dynamics CRM 4.0, and then install a new trial version, on the same server?

My client's trial expires this week, and they don't want to upgrade to full license before 2009, or else they would have to pay for the whole year 2008 as well, and there's only 2 weeks left of the year.

Monday, December 15, 2008 9:53 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

I believe that this will not work - I have a vague recollection of having tried it and failed.

But why do you say that your client would have to pay for a whole year?  I'm surprised that this would be the case, which licence program is your client considering buying under?

Monday, December 15, 2008 9:57 PM
  • Thanks Freidun.

I'm not that into licensing but I found that hard to believe myself. They said they have a 3 year deal with MS in which they put their licenses, and were told by their reseller that they should wait until 2009 before registering they full license, if possible.

I've also contacted MS to see if this is the case.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:38 AM
  • Hello again,

Do you know if it's possible to enter the full license product key after the trial has expired or would you have to do it before it expires?

Thanks!!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:07 AM
  •  

You can enter the full license key even after the trial expired, you will then have 30 days to register your product.

Tanguy

http://mscrmtools.blogpsot.com

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:49 PM
  • Are you sure that we can do this?

1. Dynamics CRM Workgroup server 4.0 90 days trial version expired
    2. Product key not available (VLSC or media sleeve)
    3. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 license keys for products obtained in Volume Licensing are embedded in media -- the keys do not appear on VLSC as they do for some products; nor are they printed on the media itself (DVD) or on the media sleeve

How can you obtain the keys to activate and register the product even after the limited 90 days of trial are over?

Thanks,

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:39 PM