2nd Computer in Circle shows RED when shut Off RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello

I have two PCs running Vista Premium, desktop and laptop, have the desktop set as hub and laptop as the additional pc.

When I shut off the laptop it becomes a RED OneCare icon in the tray on the hub PC and shows up as unprotected. yet when I place it in standby it is fine.

Interesting I would say

BUG, Maybe

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:21 PM

All replies

• That's odd I got 2 desk tops the 2nd one is off and all the circle said was contacted yesterdays date.

Is everything up to par like were all the scans up todate was tune up ran on the Laptop there might be something that wasn't performed. Like is bakup still on ?

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:33 PM
  • You're the second person reporting this today. Apparently, Mikro doesn't have that condition, nor do I in my Circle of two computers - the managed PC is rarely on, yet the hub does not show a red status for it. Hopefully someone from the OneCare team will be able to answer why this might be or what you should do to resolve or troubleshoot it.

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:45 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. 

In the hub PC view, when it states that your circle is red--does it list any actions that need to be taken on the remote machine?  What is/are the action(s) it lists?  Does this happen everytime you shutdown the remote PC, or only occasionally?  Anything that seems to predictably trigger it?

This isn't expected as you mention--so I'd love to dig a little deeper to track down what might be causing it.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:28 AM
  • I have the same problem. It reports Urgent Turn on Widows Automatic Updates on the other PC, but this has already been done. After I log off on the main PC and log on to my wife or daughter's profile the icon turns green. Feedback won't allow me to submit a bug report.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 9:15 AM
  •  Irulats test wrote:
    I have the same problem. It reports Urgent Turn on Widows Automatic Updates on the other PC, but this has already been done. After I log off on the main PC and log on to my wife or daughter's profile the icon turns green. Feedback won't allow me to submit a bug report.

Are you signed in on Connect? - https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168

Do you encounter any errors when trying to submit the bug report?

Are your wife and daughter using a limited user account type on the other PC? If so, have you logged onto that PC as administrator and set AU to on? (I'm stabbing in the dark here, in case you didn't notice!)

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:36 PM