n-n relationship grid on form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am very new to MS CRM. I want to create n-n relation b/w contact and opportunity and place the subgird in contact form. While place a subgird in form we can chose 1-n relationship from the Data Source section. The n-n relationship not showing in the Data Source section. Can any one please guide me how to do that ?

Regard's

ThangaKumar

Monday, March 2, 2015 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi ThangaKumar,

You're absolutely right, you may choose the 1:N Relationship ("Only Related Records") data sources to be displayed within your grid, which would display every Opportunity related to the Contact record you're currently on.

However, if I understand you correctly, you'd like to add a subgrid to the Contact form that contains information about every Opportunity in CRM (so, no filters). If so, then simply add the Subgrid and use an "All Opportunities" View. You can select "All Record Types" under the data source options.

If you simply want a grid with all the Opportunities, I'd suggest creating a View in the Opportunity Entity with no filters, and then either use it in the Contact Form, or on the Opportunity entity itself.

Hope this was helpful,

Thank you,

• Proposed as answer by Pedro Beltrao Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Pedro Beltrao Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Pedro Beltrao Friday, March 6, 2015 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:14 AM
  • Hi Pedro,

Thanks, will try the same.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:21 AM