Restore CRM 2011 database without solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise and I want to restore prd database on dev database to do some tests.

Steps done:

1) Backup prd database

2) Restore prd database in dev database

3) Delete DEV organization in Deployment Manager

4) Import DEV organizationin Deployment Manager

Now in dev environnement, solutions are in managed mode and I cannot delete them to import unmanaged solutions !

I tried only steps 1 and 2 but CRM dont work.

How can I restore only data without solutions ?

Thanks for your help

Aissa

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:16 PM

All replies

• To do that, you're going to need to use some kind of data mapping solution, like Scribe, Microsoft's Dynamics integration tool, or something of your own devising. Solutions dictate the fields that exist in a CRM system, so you're going to have to create a blank CRM system and then add your unmanaged solutions with your required fields before migrating data over.

To my knowledge, there's no way to do that through just moving the database.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

You should create a new TEST CRM environment with database restored from production and keep your DEV environment as-is with unmanaged solution. When you are ready to test, export the change from DEV for import into TEST.

Ronald

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:29 PM