Does anyone have any secrets on getting a higher ranking? RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone could share some tips with me on how to get the highest ranking posable?
    this is the website I own and am asking this question for http://www.bogosurf.com
    If there are any guru's that would like to take a look at my code and see my mata tags and offer advise.
    Any Comments would be appreciated.
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 7:52 AM

Answers

•  s0nny126 wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone could share some tips with me on how to get the highest ranking posable?
    this is the website I own and am asking this question for http://www.bogosurf.com
    If there are any guru's that would like to take a look at my code and see my mata tags and offer advise.

I'm not really familiar with the type of PHP system you are running. Make sure you have a robots.txt file and a sitemap that is kept up to date. Your description and keywords need to reflect the content on that page. There is not much of a correlation between your keywords and the text on your home page. Also you will need to break up your keywords instead of keeping them in phrases. Eliminate the "I" etc also.

Text links to your site (they need to be at a decent PR) are a good way also to build page rank. If the search engine can figure out it's a link exchange, you may be penalized, or the links will be ignored.

Are you also signed up for Google webmaster tools also? They offer a lot more helpful information about  what is going on  with your site.

Hope that helps...
    Monday, September 29, 2008 5:16 AM
  • there is not much focus on your site. the home page contains a lot of things. i suggest you break it down to several pages one page focusing on one or two keywords only.

for example: create a separate page for "How Does It Work", "Membership Benefits", "Join Us".

The problem with having a sales page type of homepage is it is very difficult to rank since the search engines won't know the focus of your page. By creating smaller pages and doing separate battles for every page will improve your chances of ranking higher.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 5:44 AM

All replies

•  s0nny126 wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone could share some tips with me on how to get the highest ranking posable?

I'm not really familiar with the type of PHP system you are running. Make sure you have a robots.txt file and a sitemap that is kept up to date. Your description and keywords need to reflect the content on that page. There is not much of a correlation between your keywords and the text on your home page. Also you will need to break up your keywords instead of keeping them in phrases. Eliminate the "I" etc also.

Text links to your site (they need to be at a decent PR) are a good way also to build page rank. If the search engine can figure out it's a link exchange, you may be penalized, or the links will be ignored.

Are you also signed up for Google webmaster tools also? They offer a lot more helpful information about  what is going on  with your site.

Hope that helps...
    Monday, September 29, 2008 5:16 AM
  • there is not much focus on your site. the home page contains a lot of things. i suggest you break it down to several pages one page focusing on one or two keywords only.

for example: create a separate page for "How Does It Work", "Membership Benefits", "Join Us".

The problem with having a sales page type of homepage is it is very difficult to rank since the search engines won't know the focus of your page. By creating smaller pages and doing separate battles for every page will improve your chances of ranking higher.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 5:44 AM
  • Thanks for responding with good info Artweeks and Tennants

Friday, October 3, 2008 3:56 PM