Want guidance re: WL1 Care transition to M S E RRS feed

• Question

• My current WL 1 C subscription expires Sept , I've acclimated to WL1C ....is M S E a logical replacement or a radical departure ?  My concern is Backup and preserving my current stuff.  I appreciate M S E 's No Cost  aspect ,hopefully  the service continuity as well as my fluency with WL1C-like service. 
     I  want to prevent billing for an imminently terminal service.

pnc
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:22 PM

Answers

• If you are due for a renewal soon, you should be offered a free 6-month extension, see your account at billing.microsoft.com to confirm this.

MSE will only be anti-malware, so you'll need to find another method to perform backup, but the malware protection itself is basically exactly the same with just some different GUI visuals.  Unless you really want to have your backup 'bundled' in the same package, MSE should continue to be effective protection from malware for your PC.

Depending on your operating system(s) and your future intentions there are many options available to provide for that need.  The most effective way to deal with this is probably to remain using OneCare for the next few months while you research your options for backup including the possibilities of an upgrade to Windows 7 or even a new PC if that idea was already in your future.  Windows 7 contains a backup similar to the one in OneCare.

Rob
    Monday, September 21, 2009 5:13 AM