MISSING IMAGES RRS feed

• Question

• Dear
    Sir/Madam<o:p></o:p>

I am PhD
    student trying to stitch 1000 images of the corneal nerve. The ICE looks very robust
    software, however; it missed many images at the end of the process.<o:p></o:p>

I have
    tried to stitch every 100 images together, it works well. But when I want to
    stitch the 10 outcome images, the software did not recognise them because the magnification
    of the images is different.<o:p></o:p>

Please
    would you help me to solve the problem, or do you have office in Australia (Brisbane)
    so I can contact them.<o:p></o:p>

Many thanks<o:p></o:p>

Khaled<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:44 AM

Answers

• First, ICE typically cannot stitch together images that have already been stitched.

If your 1000 images were captured on a regular (or almost regular) rectangular grid, you should try using the "structured panorama" mode on the right side of the Import page.  You may need to adjust several of the settings to match the order, direction, and overlap of the images.  Then you can adjust the image matching "search radius" -- a larger value permits ICE to move the images farther in order to achieve alignment, while a smaller value locks them into their grid positions.

I hope this helps.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:56 AM