none
How do I stop birthdays from flooding my calendar? RRS feed

• Question

• I migrated from Gmail to Outlook.com on advice of people I (no longer) trust. Now I'm faced with a host of sync issues as well as a flood of annoying birthday reminders that were fed from some unknown source (probably Facebook). Outlook.com in its infinite wisdom won't let me delete existing birthday calendar items nor let me delete the calendar entirely. I also have a calendar from INETA and I have NO idea where that came from either. So when I make changes to my outlook.com default calendar, they appear on my PC (Windows 8 running Office 2013) Outlook program connected to the Outlook.com site, but they appear nowhere else. However, changes made to the Outlook.com site appear on the other systems. How do I get Office/Outlook to push these changes to the Outlook.com host?

So, in a nutshell, I have at least three "automatically generated" calendars that I would like to have removed:

• Birthdays
    • US Holidays
    • INETA North America...

AND I would like to have calendar entries posted in Outlook/Office to be synced with Outlook.com

William Vaughn's blog

“Hitchhiker’s Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)”

“The Owl Wrangler” a fantasy fiction novel

Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!

Monday, June 24, 2013 2:02 AM

Answers

All replies