Site not indexed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I contacted Live Search Technical Support because we have problems getting our website www.sportskickoff.com properly indexed by Live Search since we launched it a couple of weeks ago. I got a response from Arlene with some general suggestions, but the website satisfies all of these. That's the reason for my post here.

The robot did contact the website a couple of times and the Webmaster Center does report there is 1 URL indexed. But if I click on that "1" I get no search results. Perhaps Live Search has problems indexing the website because we installed a redirect on the url a couple of months ago? Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dennis
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

If it is working for you, I wouldn't change it, but if it isn't, I suggest a 301.
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 5:29 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

What sort of redirect did you use and where are you redirectin from? I notice the cached page goes to http://www.xenomedia.nl/
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Hello, it was a HTTP 302 temporary redirect. Starting from today I see one page of the new live site indexed, so perhaps I may assume the problem has been solved and I can expect more pages to be indexed the coming days. Thanks for your help. Dennis
    Monday, April 6, 2009 9:16 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

If it is working for you, I wouldn't change it, but if it isn't, I suggest a 301.
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 5:29 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:29 PM