Provvisionning PWA as a subsite: is it possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm testing Project 2010 and I was wondering if it was possible to create it as a subsite instead of as a top level site of a site collection...

thanks all

Vit
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

a Project Server PWA Website (or web app) is always a site collection and so it has to be on the top hierarchy level.

Project Server maintains the SharePoint permissions automatically with own permission levels. This might me one of the reasons for this.

Regards
    Christoph
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:20 AM

All replies

• The path should be http://servername:port#/pwa in most cases [with or without port#] so are you saying putting a collection here: http://servername:port# ?
    That shouldn't be an issue to put a collection at that root level.
    Rob
    Monday, January 11, 2010 2:21 PM
  • I've developed Sharepoint 2010 and Project Server 2010....

and I have followe the following process:

- Created a web application on port 8484
    - Created a site collection to host the Sahrepoitn deployment
    - Created some subsites under the same web application \sales  \contract \administration
    - Created from within central admin prject server in the same web application (\pwa)

but instead of being a subsite of the root, it is a specific new top site of a new site collection...

I'm asking if it is possible to create pwa as a subsite, so I can kett consistency in the navigation and permission...

hope that his can better clarify my issue...

thansk

Vit

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:50 AM
  • Hi,

a Project Server PWA Website (or web app) is always a site collection and so it has to be on the top hierarchy level.

Project Server maintains the SharePoint permissions automatically with own permission levels. This might me one of the reasons for this.

Regards
    Christoph
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:20 AM