Genuine Windows 7 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• So basically I bought my computer through my old school, where I had to pay off of it, for 3 years and then it was fully mine. Fast forward 3.5 years and here we are... My computer just hit me with a bombshell that apparently my windows isn't genuine?

I'm not sure how this works, but I got the message:

Contact your system administrator.

Windows running on this PC has not yet been properly activated. To resolve, contact your system administrator for assistance.

I'm at a loss for what to do now, I don't know who my system administrator is, and I don't have money to buy a new copy of windows, I didn't think that the genuity of my copy could run out? This all seems really weird to me...

Please help, and thank you for your time :)

Sincerely Lukas

PS: If you want some kind of information about my computer, I'm not entirely sure how to copy that, so if you do need it to resolve this question, please direct me on how to copy it, thank you and sorry about the extra trouble if it is needed :)

Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:58 PM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

- in your own thread, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:23 PM