WHS has stopped backing up my PC's after router change! RRS feed

• Question

• I recently changed my router to a Linksys WRT310N and now my WHS won't backup my PC's any more. I can't even manually kick-off the jobs.
    The connector shows green on the PC and it is hightlighted in the console under computers and backups but I can't start the jobs.....

Help!
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 11:53 PM

All replies

• On most home networks, the router is the one that does DHCP, which makes IP assignments to every computer on your local network.  That is, all your computers now have different IP addresses than they did before.  That means the connector is trying to call the wrong thing.

Suggest you reboot everything, uninstall the connector from control panel and reinstall the connector on each machine.

Just an idea...
    Friday, September 4, 2009 1:46 AM
  • Does it not connect by computer name?
    Friday, September 4, 2009 3:58 AM
  • On most home networks, the router is the one that does DHCP, which makes IP assignments to every computer on your local network.  That is, all your computers now have different IP addresses than they did before.  That means the connector is trying to call the wrong thing.

Suggest you reboot everything, uninstall the connector from control panel and reinstall the connector on each machine.

Just an idea...

Reinstalling the connector isn't necessary to "rejoin" a client.  Just browse to C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server on your client and run Discovery.exe.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 4:25 AM