none
A question for Visual Studio developers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, i have a question for any/all Visual Studio developers. i am a new programmer, attempting to teach myself. i have a number of toolkits at my disposal and wanted to pose a question. i have been teaching myself PCSoft's WebDev/WinDev toolkits and was curious if any current VS developers have used it in the past. and if so, why did you go to visual studio? I am curious to know of your experiences with both sets of tools and what the pros and cons could be for each, from your experiences.

Thank You

Elisha Spicer

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Monday, August 7, 2017 5:43 AM
    Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Elisha Spicer,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. Here some docs about visual studio, I will move your thread to the forum to see if someone has used WebDev/WinDev .

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:41 AM
  • You can ask visual studio setup questions here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vssetup

or VS general question here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

or for pcsoft probably over here.

http://forum.pcsoft.fr/en-US/index.awp

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 7, 2017 1:14 PM
  • Than you both for your responses. i also thank you for moving this to the appropriate forum. as i said i am new to this and am grateful for the help.
    Monday, August 7, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Than you both for your responses. i also thank you for moving this to the appropriate forum. as i said i am new to this and am grateful for the help.

Your question is now in "where is" forum for direction on where best to ask question. So further action is needed on your part. I'd suggest asking in the forums I linked.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, August 7, 2017 6:52 PM
  • Well, thank you. i will ask my general question here as my original was posted in Visual Studio General questions and then moved here.

will this forum (that i got moved to) be my best bet on getting input from developers that use/have used both toolkits? im trying to save myself some time and use what will be my best tools moving forward.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:41 AM
  • I'd suggest asking over here.

http://forum.pcsoft.fr/en-US/index.awp

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:44 AM
  • Excellent, thank you.
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:05 PM
  • You're welcome.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:07 PM