Replacement license key RRS feed

• Question

• I spoke to Microsoft support at some length Friday afternoon and was told to send an email with a photo of the damaged sticker on the bottom of my laptop and I would be sent a new key.  The addres I sent to was v-26cach@mssupport.microsoft.com and the message is as shown below.

I have NOT attached the photo of the bottom of my PC to this mesage, but I'll be happy to provide it if necessary. 

This is the second time recently where I have been told to email to Microsoft and the message comes back undelivered.

Pat

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Attached is a photo of the back of my Lenovo G550 laptop  (model: 2958), purchased in Australia in 2010 from Infinity Computers, Traralgon, Victoria.

Unfortunately, the license key is no longer readable.

My best guess is: 9F23?-JKG3X-Q?G2R-V?GPH-XR9Y??  where the ‘?’ represents un-readable characters.

The machine serial number is: CBE0245965.  I have contacted Infinity who recommended that I contact Lenovo who recommended that I contact Microsoft.

Your assistance in providing a key will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

Sunday, July 17, 2011 4:03 AM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Could you please post your issue to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us that you can get the right solution soon, thanks for your understanding.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:08 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:08 AM