How do I make an existing form option set global? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an option set on a CRM 2011 form. I would like to reuse that option set on another form. It seems easy to add a global option set but I cannot see how to promote the exiting form option set to be global and now allow it to be reused. It seems that you may not know that a option set needs to be global upfront and may need to change it later. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:00 PM

Answers

• I would strongly suggest not changing this value directly in the database.  The best way to do this would be to recreate the option set as a global option set.  Crm does not support changing/promoting/demoting an option set from local to global or global to local.

-Brandon

• Proposed as answer by BSimons Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hello jpavain,

You could try and alter the option set in SQL. Check this view: OptionSetView.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CWS SoftwareBiz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:09 AM
  • Hello jpavain,

You could try and alter the option set in SQL. Check this view: OptionSetView.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer & Entrepreneur

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CWS SoftwareBiz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Works perfectly, value of field IsGlobal should be set to '1'
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:02 PM
  • I would strongly suggest not changing this value directly in the database.  The best way to do this would be to recreate the option set as a global option set.  Crm does not support changing/promoting/demoting an option set from local to global or global to local.

-Brandon

• Proposed as answer by BSimons Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:08 PM