SolutionPackager and clobber RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the solution packager as part of our ALM and have run into an issue I'm curious if others have had. I have decided, in the interest of trying to make it easy for our developers to easily check in changes, to have the solution packager clobber, and then running TFPT online to have TFS aware of the pending changes that the solution packager just made in the file system. That way, after a solution export/unpack/TFPT (all encapsulated in a single tool) developers can look at pending changes to see what they need to check in. An interesting thing I have found is that the solutionpackager seems to ALWAYS clobber RDL & XAML (workflows). TFS is smart enough to reject the checkin because the files are identical, but it is a little concerning to a developer to always see XAML & RDLs pop up in pending changes when they didn't make any changes. Anyone else seen this and have workarounds?
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:31 PM

Answers

• If anyone comes across this and is curious to do the same thing, I ended up running a TFS power tool after the solution packager to undo unchanged (tfpt uu) and that cleaned up the pending changes for me!
    • Marked as answer by KTurbyfill Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:34 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:34 PM