none
remove email address from old posts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I recently did an email search on google, to try and findout why i was getting such a massive amount of spam. I have 7 pages of results for just my email address and 6 of the 7 pages are from the ms forums. Is there any way to get my email address removed or even changed to my first name?

Sorry for posting this here, but there is no general forum.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:51 AM

Answers

• You should just be able to edit these posts that have your email name and remove them yourself. Let me know if you can't and I can help if you include the threads that have the email.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:27 AM
    Answerer
  • If the box were under my desk, I'd probably do this, but we typically don't have direct access to do this. We have backlog items to scrub content so only moderators etc can see certain strings if someone includes it in a post, but that just adds to the perf issues on posting etc.
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:41 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• You should just be able to edit these posts that have your email name and remove them yourself. Let me know if you can't and I can help if you include the threads that have the email.
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Brent,

Will it be easier to just do it automatically for this user behind the scenes using direct UPDATE command to fix the data?

Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:35 AM
  • If the box were under my desk, I'd probably do this, but we typically don't have direct access to do this. We have backlog items to scrub content so only moderators etc can see certain strings if someone includes it in a post, but that just adds to the perf issues on posting etc.
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I thought you have some way to access the data directly. If not, I guess the OP has to go through 7 pages and clean old posts (assuming they are not locked).
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:03 PM