locked
IFD access to reports RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am having troubles with an IFD setup where we try and access CRM reports.  It appears that the users credentials are the Internet Guest Account on the server and as such does not have access to browse the data in the database.  All my reports are coming back with empty data.

    I have run the SSRS data connector on the server (the DB is on the same machine) and I have the Reports and ReportServer IIS virtual directories set to Integrated Security and NOT allow anonymous access.

    It just appears that CRM is using the internet guest account which is then passed through to SSRS.  Is there some other step that I am missing in the process?

    Thanks,

    Craig
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:31 AM

Answers

  • Sorry long day yesterday.  I got that totally wrong!  We ALLOW anonymous access.

    I have also figured out what the problem was.  Our reports were running off their own dataset whereas I should have been using the CRM one.  I changed the dataset to CRM and they are now showing data.

    The existing CRM reports were working I was just running them for instances which by chance didn't have any data!  Go figure eh!

    Anyway its all sorted now.

    Thanks,

    Craig
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:33 PM

All replies

  • Hi Craig,

    You tell us that you want to use IFD but you also tell that anonymous access is disabled... it does not look like a good configuration...

    Can you validate that IFD is well implemented?
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete Launcher(Delete data based on advanced find queries)
    Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms)
    ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import)
    View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others)
    And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:57 AM
    Moderator
  • Sorry long day yesterday.  I got that totally wrong!  We ALLOW anonymous access.

    I have also figured out what the problem was.  Our reports were running off their own dataset whereas I should have been using the CRM one.  I changed the dataset to CRM and they are now showing data.

    The existing CRM reports were working I was just running them for instances which by chance didn't have any data!  Go figure eh!

    Anyway its all sorted now.

    Thanks,

    Craig
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:33 PM