Loss of Connectivity to WHS Folders following Updates RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WHS two days ago, and everything was going smoothly until early this morning.  I opened my connected wireless laptop (Latitude D600) to check some files.  I noticed an alert that told me I had CRITICAL updates for my network.  I allowed the updates to download and install from my laptop, as there was no indication that this could not or should not be done.  The updates in question were a Malicious Tool Removal Update and Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Server 2003, which I ran from my laptop.

Following the updates, I was asked to reboot.  I allowed that too, and then I couldn't reconnect to the server.  What I found was that the server was looking for a keyboard.  I reconnected the keyboard and did a successful reboot.  I then went into the BIOS and told it to disregard any keyboard errors in the future; this was successful.

Now I cannot access any of my non-public shared folders on the WHS machine using my D600 with a wireless connection.  I keep getting the typical error about the resource being unavailable or me lacking permissions to use the resource.  Also I can get into the top-level folder of \\Server-WHS\ and into the \Users\ folder, but when I try to access the particular user folder, I'm told its empty and unavailable.  When viewing the folder from the Home Server Console from any other machine I can see that it has almost 3GBs of data in it.  The folders are also available from another PC connected to the server via a wired router connection.

I have reinstalled the Home Server Connector software; removed and reinstalled the computer on the Home Server Console, did a system restore and rebooted with "Last Known Good Configuration" all to no avail.

Is there something else I need to do to regain connectivity?

Thanks,

Robert

Sunday, November 25, 2007 4:12 PM