Failed to open database LcsLog Unable to create LCSLog database RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi there,

I am running an CDR server and a separate SQL Backend. When I try and activate the OCS CDR&Archiving services, I get the following.

I have installed MSMQ and SQL 2005 (Legacy compenents SQL-DMO) on the CDR server and have confirmed all the correct service account (is not locked). My admin account is member of domain admins and RTCUnivesalServerAdmins. My admin account has sa priviledges on the SQL database, is a member of the lcoal administrators on the SQL server and

My concern is that the SQL server is running as SQL 2005 SP3 (but I have tried upgrades for both SP2 and SP3 on the CDR server).

The RTCArchivingUniversalServices account has been added as local administrator and DB sa.

I cannot find any information about this anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Server Role Account: DOMAINNAME\RTCArchivingUniversalServices
    Database Name: LcsLog
    Force Clean: False (and true)
    Script Command Line: cscript.exe //U "C:\Source\Microsoft\OCS2007 Enterprise\i386\dbsetup\rtclogdbsetup.wsf"

/sqlserver:"SQLServername" /sqlfilepath:"C:\Source\Microsoft\OCS2007 Enterprise\i386\dbsetup" /dbpath:"G:\OCS_Data\"

/logpath:"J:\OCS_Log\" /serveracct:"DOMAINNAME\RTCArchivingUniversalServices" /dbname:"LcsLog" /verbose
    Script Output: Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Connecting to SQL Server on SQLSERVERNAME
    SQL validation: Reconfigure encountered no errors, and SQL version is acceptable: 9.00.4035.00
    Failed to open database LcsLog

Failure
    [0xC3EC783E] Failed to open SQL database. 

Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

I am running an CDR server and a separate SQL Backend. When I try and activate the OCS CDR&Archiving services, I get the following.

I have installed MSMQ and SQL 2005 (Legacy compenents SQL-DMO) on the CDR server and have confirmed all the correct service account (is not locked). My admin account is member of domain admins and RTCUnivesalServerAdmins. My admin account has sa priviledges on the SQL database, is a member of the lcoal administrators on the SQL server and

My concern is that the SQL server is running as SQL 2005 SP3 (but I have tried upgrades for both SP2 and SP3 on the CDR server).

The RTCArchivingUniversalServices account has been added as local administrator and DB sa.

I cannot find any information about this anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Server Role Account: DOMAINNAME\RTCArchivingUniversalServices
    Database Name: LcsLog
    Force Clean: False (and true)
    Script Command Line: cscript.exe //U "C:\Source\Microsoft\OCS2007 Enterprise\i386\dbsetup\rtclogdbsetup.wsf"

/sqlserver:"SQLServername" /sqlfilepath:"C:\Source\Microsoft\OCS2007 Enterprise\i386\dbsetup" /dbpath:"G:\OCS_Data\"

/logpath:"J:\OCS_Log\" /serveracct:"DOMAINNAME\RTCArchivingUniversalServices" /dbname:"LcsLog" /verbose
    Script Output: Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Connecting to SQL Server on SQLSERVERNAME
    SQL validation: Reconfigure encountered no errors, and SQL version is acceptable: 9.00.4035.00
    Failed to open database LcsLog

Failure
    [0xC3EC783E] Failed to open SQL database.

Exact same situtation here. Did  you resolve this?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:28 AM
  • Hi Bradyyt,

My solution was simple in the end  - I reset the password on the RTCArchivingUniversalServices account. Although I was reluctant to do this as I have multiple pools/CDR servers dotted around the place. After resetting the password everything word fine. (Had to change the service password details on all other server though).

Hope this is a help ? Let me know if you need any more information
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:34 AM
  • hi AntK,
     I encounter this case,too.
     But i can't find RTCArchivingUniversalServices account in the sql2005.
     When LcsLog database is created? I can't find it in the sql2005.
    thank you for your answer!
    jorden008

Monday, July 6, 2009 10:00 AM