none
New monitor, new problem :(.

Question

• Hello dear Window Users, I have an issue with Windows 7 and I need help, I've just got a Dell 22'' HD UltraSharp and everytime I boot windows regularly it just shows a black screen, currently I have booted windows in safe mode with networking and I am able to login, connect to the internet and ask this question(obviously).  I've already tried booting Windows XP and I have no problems at all, I have tried VGA mode in the boot options too(did not work).  I'm going to probably try and reinstall the drivers and see if that helps! Any USEFUL information is welcomed. Thanks :)

(Moderators:Windows Live forum is the only one I saw that relates to my problem the most, if this is the wrong forum, could you show me the right one? Or move this to the right one? Thanks!)

~ Garth

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:21 PM

Answers

• Well, thank you all who were about to answer :D! But I've gotten it to work, I was attempting to plug in the HDMI cord into the back but it was very hard to plug in, so I gripped the monitor in an attempt to plug it in, I had pressed serveral buttons(not knowing what they were) and I accidently turned the monitor off, and when I turned it back on it works :O! Must be magic right? I wanted it to work, and then it started working :D. If you all want me use my magical special powers on you, just send me a message? Or email? and I'll make whatever you want happen for 1,000,000,000,000 US dollars with my special powers :D!
    • Marked as answer by xGarthx Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:47 PM

All replies

• Well, thank you all who were about to answer :D! But I've gotten it to work, I was attempting to plug in the HDMI cord into the back but it was very hard to plug in, so I gripped the monitor in an attempt to plug it in, I had pressed serveral buttons(not knowing what they were) and I accidently turned the monitor off, and when I turned it back on it works :O! Must be magic right? I wanted it to work, and then it started working :D. If you all want me use my magical special powers on you, just send me a message? Or email? and I'll make whatever you want happen for 1,000,000,000,000 US dollars with my special powers :D!
    • Marked as answer by xGarthx Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:47 PM
  • Hey Microsoft, I think that it would be a good idea for you to put your operating system on top of the list here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx or at least put them on the list, the only operating system I saw was Windows Vista.

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:58 AM